Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A variation of Italian Wedding Soup-because of the spinach-my step daughter calls it "Pond Scum Soup"-good stuff, easy to make, and low carb.
- Combine Spinach(a large bag of frozen spinach)and chicken broth(2 of the quart sized cans).
- Simmer over low heat for about 1/2 hours.
- Add Garlic to taste.
- Mix lean ground beef and parmesan cheese-could add Italian bread crumbs-but do not add.
- because of the added carbs.
- Roll ground beef/ parmesan cheese mixture into small balls-marble size.
- Place balls on cookie sheet-bake at 350 until brown on outside.
- Add meatballs to soup-simmer 2 hrs-or more.
- Soup is great with crusty bread which is spread with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Makes about 1/2 gallon.