Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the owners of Al Forno Restaurant.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- 5 cups chopped canned tomatoes, with their juices
- Heat the olive oil, garlic, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
- Keep a close watch here and adjust the heat as necessary because you want the garlic to slowly turn from opaque white to slightly translucent golden without a hint of browning.
- As soon as the garlic is golden, immediately add the wine and stock—be careful not to burn yourself as the oil has a tendency to splatter.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer until the garlic is soft and has taken on a nutty color, and the liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a boil, decrease the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
not sure if the recipe was finished? No mention as to what you are supposed to do with the tomatoes.