Pomodoro (Al Forno’s Tomato Sauce)
- Heat the olive oil, garlic, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
- Keep a close watch here and adjust the heat as necessary because you want the garlic to slowly turn from opaque white to slightly translucent golden without a hint of browning.
- As soon as the garlic is golden, immediately add the wine and stock—be careful not to burn yourself as the oil has a tendency to splatter.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer until the garlic is soft and has taken on a nutty color, and the liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a boil, decrease the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.