Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great morning shake using banana and Pomegranate Juice.
Make and share this Pomegranate Morning Shake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla soymilk (or low-fat milk)
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 large banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (or sliced)
- 2 -4 tablespoons protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
- In a blender, combine the pomegranate juice with soymilk, ice cubes, banana, almonds protein powder, and honey to taste. Cover and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve immediately.
Wow, what a great shake this was Nancy. It was the perfect breakfast treat served along with your eggs benedict with mock hollandaise. Thick, rich, smooth, full of flavor. This shake was quick and easy to make. A really lovely flavor from the pomogranate, banana, vanilla and honey. I did omit the protein powder. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make often.
When making this I did leave out the ice cubes & then used 2 frozen bananas to give the drink a frosty chill! Great combo of flavors, & yet another recipe for smoothies that I can use! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
This was a tasty way to start the day! I did use POM pomegranate/cranberry juice, but otherwise, followed as directed. I even fixed one for DH, for his breakfast. I will put this in my 'so easy for breakfast' book, and probably make it often! Thanks for sharing, Nancy's Pantry!