If you love pomegranates, you should give this one a try :) It has a refreshingly different flavor. Prep time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the pomegranates and knock the seeds out of one by hitting the back with a wooden spoon.
- 2Let the seeds fall into a bowl and set aside for garnish.
- 3Take the other 3 and squeeze the juice**, preferably in an electric juicer.
- 4Place the juice in a small saucepan and boil to reduce to approximately 4 ounces or until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy.
- 5Allow to cool.
- 6Combine the Mascarpone and cream and whisk until just blended.
- 7Whisk in the pomegranate syrup and sugar and freeze in a plastic container (you can try using your electric ice cream freezer, if you don't think the"base mixture" is too thick for it to handle).
- 8Allow to soften before serving.
- 9Scoop the ice-cream on to a plate and sprinkle with the reserved seeds.
- 10**Note:Getting the seeds out of a pomegranate is best done by cutting it in half, holding the cut side down over a bowl and hitting the top side several times with a heavy wooden spoon.
- 11If you want the juice, extract it as you would from an orange or lemon.
- 12** 1 medium sized pomegranate will yield about 1/2 cup of juice or about 3/4 cup of seeds.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 32.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: