Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Pomegranate Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bow and gradually add 1 cup of the cream mixture. When smooth, add it all back into the pan.
- Whisk constantly over low heat until it thickens slightly and coats the spoon, about five minutes. Don’t let it boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and extract the juice with a mortar and pestle.
- Take the vanilla bean out of the pan and add the fruit juice. Put in the refrigerator for an hour until cool.
- Put everything ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.