I bought a beautiful pomegranate at the store the other day and wanted to somehow incorporate it with the salmon I had to cook. My husband and I don't like salmon all that much but after last night I think we'll be eating it much more often! I think this glaze could work for many fish, even pork tenderloin and chicken breasts. I also think you could easily substitute cranberry juice for the pomegranate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate the fish in 2 t olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Let sit for about 20 minutes while you prepare the glaze.
- 3Place the pomegranate seeds in a strainer set over a small bowl.
- 4With the fork or the back of a spoon, press the seeds against the strainer, forcing the liquid into the bowl.
- 5Place the juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce in a small non-reactive saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- 6While the glaze is reducing, get a cast iron skillet pretty hot and place fish skin side down (without moving) and let sear for about 1-2 minutes.
- 7Turn the fish over and while it's cooking on the other side, carefully peel away and discard skin.
- 8Let cook for about 4-5 minutes or until a nice golden brown color.
- 9Flip the fish over one last time and let sear on the side you removed the skin from.
- 10Cooking times vary depending on how thick your cut of fish is, and how done you prefer your fish.
- 11Remove to a plate and let sit.
- 12Put the 1 T of butter in the glaze and stir until just melted.
- 13Drizzle over fish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 68.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of