Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a festive drink that is a delight to the senses, from the effervescent quality of the sparkling wine to the tart taste of pomegranate. This recipe came from a cooking club of America newsletter.
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 3⁄4 ounce vodka (preferably high quality such as Grey Goose)
- 1⁄2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur (grand marnier, gran gala, or patron's orange)
- 1 ounce Brut champagne or 1 ounce sparkling wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pomegranate juice, vodka and orange-flavored liquor; shake 10 seconds.
- Strain into large martini glass; top with champagne. Garnish with orange peel.
I enjoyed this champagne cocktail. The pomegranate juice was refreshing in this drink, and it reminded of our favorite wine spritzer cocktail that we have every holiday season. Thank you for posting your recipe, SaffronMeSilly. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.