Recipe by CoffeeMom
What's not to like about pomegranates?
Top Review by Roosie
This really did not turn out for me. It was impossible to get the eggs to get stiff because the yolks were in with the whites. I think the whites should be beaten seperately and then the yolks should be folded in. I tried a bit and the flavor seemed like it would have been off but it was flat and just no good. I had to throw it out.
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy and gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is stiff and full of air.
- Sift flour and baking powder, divide in three parts and fold into the egg-sugar mixture, alternate with the pomegranate juice.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and turn out on a cake plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frost with a butter cream frosting.