Pomegranates are full of skin preserving antioxidants, while white cane sugar provides a natural form of glycolic acid to help dissolve and puch away dead skin cells, says David Klass, the co-founder and president of Archipelago Botanicals and this scub is similar to their Archipelago Botanicals Pomegranate Body Scrub! This comes via Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
- 118.29 ml pomegranate seeds
- 118.29 ml white unbleached cane sugar
- 9.85 ml oil (such as avocado, sunflower, or vegetable oil)
- 0.06-0.13 ml essential oils, use your favorite-if you don't have any perhaps use a little vanilla (optional) or 0.06-0.13 ml almond extract (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and pomegranate seeds, crushing both with a spoon.
- Add the oil and mix.
- The pomegranate will scent the scrub, but if you want more scent, add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Massage gently onto damp skin. There should be enough for a full body scrub. Rinse off.
I love natural cometic product!
Pomegranate contanins exfoliant enzymes that makes you skin soft and clear (search in web under "pomegranate enzymes exfoliator"). Sugar (or even salt) increases the effect mechanically. Oil (I used pure olive oil) works as balsam. What do you want more?
I suggest to prepare this scrub just before use it as sugar melts very fast! In this case the half of the quantity is enogh for me.
Thanks a lot for this recipe.
This scrub really works! My skin feels smooth and moist without feeling to oily. I first thought that there wouldn't be enough oil, but it was enough. Applying the scrub I was a bit concerned about the mess I was making in the shower with pomegranate juice and seeds flying, but it cleaned up really easy. Just gathered it all with my feet over the drain and stepped on it and it was gone. Didn't feel bad about it either because it was fully organic. Made for Newest Zaar Tag