Pomegranates are full of skin preserving antioxidants, while white cane sugar provides a natural form of glycolic acid to help dissolve and puch away dead skin cells, says David Klass, the co-founder and president of Archipelago Botanicals and this scub is similar to their Archipelago Botanicals Pomegranate Body Scrub! This comes via Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup white unbleached cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil (such as avocado, sunflower, or vegetable oil)
- 1 -2 drop essential oils, use your favorite-if you don't have any perhaps use a little vanilla (optional) or 1 -2 drop almond extract (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and pomegranate seeds, crushing both with a spoon.
- Add the oil and mix.
- The pomegranate will scent the scrub, but if you want more scent, add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Massage gently onto damp skin. There should be enough for a full body scrub. Rinse off.