Recipe by Jazz Lover
If you are looking for something different to do with a roast this is the recipe for you. Once this roast is cooked there is a wonderful gravy to serve over the meat. It is not your standard Sunday afternoon pot roast!
- 3 lbs roast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat roast on all sides with flour, then brown in oil.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and basil.
- Mix well.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake at 350 for 2 hours or until tender.
- Top with pineapple slices and bake 10 minutes more.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Remove roast to platter.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup water to drippings.
- Bring to a boil, then add cornstarch.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce over meat.