Recipe by Ms B.
This is a quick and simple grill recipe. The flavor is slightly sweet, but can be kicked up with a spicy sausage choice. It is important to use fresh, not pre-cooked, sausage for this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh pork sausage link, each cut into thirds
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1 tablespoon juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Soak twelve 6 to 8 inch wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Alternate sausage, water chestnuts and pineapple on skewers.
- Coat kabobs with glaze.
- Cover and grill kabobs about 4 inches from heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, turning and brushing with glaze once, and until sausage is firm and light brown.