Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in response to a request on the boards and posted b/c I would like to try this... sounds yummy! I am probably going to omit the cheese and shred the chicken after baking and use it as a taco filling with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes at toppings! Will be back with update after trying.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 chipotle pepper, from can of chipotles en abobo
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- sauted mushroom (optional)
- Put breasts in baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each breast.
- Blend together remaining ingredients and pour over breasts and cheese.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes in a medium 350 degree oven until chicken is done.
- To serve, remove chicken, stir residual sauce in baking dish until smooth, and spoon over breasts.
- Ideal for buffets or large groups.
- Can substitute low-cholesterol sour cream and cheese.
- If canned chipotle is unavailable, dried chipotle will do.
- Altering amount of chipotle will alter spiciness of dish.
- Can add sauteed mushrooms before baking.