Recipe by gailanng
Seasoned chicken drumsticks and potatoes that are slowly cooked in a puree of bell peppers, onion, and cilantro. From Pilgrim's Chicken.
- 1 lb chicken drumstick
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) packetsazon seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large red potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the chicken and pat dry; place into a large bowl. Season with adobo seasoning, sazon seasoning and salt. Place the legs into a slow cooker, and cover with the potato slices.
- Puree the red pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, wine, cumin and oregano in a blender. Pour over the chicken and add the bay leaves.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is easily removed from the bone.