Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very zippy and flavorful. This is what I ended up with when I had a recipe in a Polish cookbook with choices of ingredients but no amounts. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Use to garnish fish, pate or other cold meats. **A variation that I didn't try is to add 2 ground or finely chopped hard boiled eggs.**
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup gherkins or 3⁄4 cup dill pickle, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup marinated mushrooms, minced
- 1 tablespoon non-pareil small caper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Best if made ahead.
- I served it with batter fried fish.
i liked this but it was a bit chunky...i think next time i will blend it before serving.
Very tasty tartar sauce and quite unusual. The horseradish gave it a nice fresh kick, and was offset by the sweet of the sugar in the recipe. We enjoyed this with grilled salmon.
I love tartar sauce and this is a really good recipe for it. I didn't put in the mushrooms but added some parsley and a shallot. It was delicious and DH and I really enjoyed it. A keeper. Made for ZWT4.