Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice side dish to serve with your favorite meat.
Make and share this Polish Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place sliced potatoes in bottom.
- Saute chopped onions in butter.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Beat together eggs, sour cream, and milk.
- Mix in salt and pepper.
- Pour sour cream mixture over top of potatoes.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture over top of potatoes.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is browned.
So similar, Audrey, to my dear mother's recipe I remember she served when I was a child. The recipe is perfect as it is.... but, I did add fresh, chopped dill, to punctuate the ethnicity.... Delicious. I scrubbed the potatoes well, left the skins on and sliced them paper thin; sliced the onion paper thin, as well, then layered them alternately with the potatoes and dill. The sour cream mixture is the crowning glory, Audrey, and creates a wonderful custard in which to cook the potatoes. I do appreciate your willingness to share this recipe with everyone in the world. :-)
What can I say but....Yum!!!!
This was very good. One thing to remember is to slice the potatoes thinly. I sliced them a little too thick but they were still very tasty.