Recipe by gothblossom
The "Polish" in this comes from polska kielbasa. This is a great dish for a breakfast in bed or casual brunch, and is sure to please - and fill up - the whole family!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very tasty. We liked the shredded potato crust as a nice change. I guessed on how long to parboil potatoes, I brought them to a boil, covered pot & shut off burner; that seemed to be enough. I added a small minced garlic clove to the onions. For the cheese, I cut back about 4 oz; used mostly cheddar with a couple oz of feta seeing as how the recipe didn't call for salt. We enjoyed it, thanks for sharing.
- 4 large potatoes, cut and parboiled
- 1 lb grated cheese (we use cheddar or jack)
- 12 eggs
- 2 small onions, minced
- 16 ounces cooked polska kielbasa
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (F). Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan.
- Grate parboiled potatos and mold them into the bottom and sides of greased 9x13 pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pan in oven for 20 minutes while other ingredients are prepped.
- Pan fry minced onions until they are translucent.
- Chop polska kielbasa into bite sized pieces, place with onions.
- Blend eggs, powdered garlic, and yogurt with a stick blender for a couple minutes until fluffy.
- Remove pan from oven carefully and reduce heat to 350 degrees (F). Add polska kielbasa, cooked onions, and half of the grated cheese to the pan.
- Pour on the egg mixture.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes, gently stirring egg layer once to ensure even cooking.
- Top with cheese and broil until melted.
- Serve hot!