Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great little appetizers to have on hand when "unexpected" guests pop in. We always have a few batches in the freezer, and everyone loves them. I am ALWAYS asked for the recipe (I think by this point, I have it memorized!)lol. I could make these in my sleep!! Note: Servings is approximate.
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage or 1 lb sausage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown hamburger and sausage in separate skillets. Drain both.
- In a pot, add hamburger, sausage, and rest of ingredients and stir until cheese is melted.
- Put 1 teaspoons of mixture on each bread slice and freeze on cookie sheets for 10 minute or until set.
- Remove from sheets and place in plastic bags. Freeze.
- Take out as many as you want to use and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Great and so easy. I love how these are frozen and can be used at any time. Thanks for posting this good old recipe, Manda!
So easy and so good!I looked all over for this recipe and it is just what I was looking for. My grandfather loved these and wants me to make them for every get-together from now on. Thanks for the recipe :) Another way to serve, put the mixture in a crockpot and just spoon some on a piece of the bread, toasted or not, it is still sooo good and very easy to bring for a get together!
Made these tonight as they sounded interesting. They are delish!! The flavors of everything meld together so well. I am babysitting my grandson and I thought he might like them for lunch occasionally~hopefully he wiil get some~just kidding!! Very easy to prepare also. Thanks for posting Manda!