photo by Margie99
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef, sliced very thin and quartered
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, sliced and quartered
- thousand island dressing
- Drain sauerkraut.
- Place coctail ryes on cookie sheet in single layer.
- Carefully place corn beef on each slice of rye.
- Add 1 tablespoon saurerkraut on top of corn beef.
- Squeeze a dash of thousand island dressing on top of saurkraut.
- Top with swiss cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Just before serving slide cookie sheet into oven for 5-8 minutes -- just until cheese has melted.
Awesome! I made these for a St. Patrick's day party. Assembled them in the afternoon on 2 cookie trays, covered in aluminum foil and stored in my basement fridge until after guests arrived, when I popped them in oven. I ended up using 2 slices of corned beef per sandwich; next time I think I'll ask for thick sliced. Also, my corned beef and cheese slices were not 'square' so simply 'quartering' the slices would not work. Instead I cut out bread-shaped squares and had scraps left from each slice (many of which I ate while cooking). That said, however, I did not feel that these were too time-consuming to assemble, considering what they were. Also, did not use more than 1/2 the can of sauerkraut or 1/2 bottle of thousand island. My guests were very impressed with the 'originality' of them.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"