Top Review by Patricia62548
Love the "cheesecake" part of this recipe but the topping is way too dry even though I baked the cake for about 70 minutes. Also there was way too much topping!! I put a copious amount on the cheesecake and still had enough for another! I will make the cake again but need to get another topping recipe.
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe)
- 4 cups dry curd cottage cheese, 2 lbs
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, Granulated
- 4 large eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cottage cheese in a sieve and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese with the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Add the dry mixture and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and set the cake aside.
- Prepare the topping by sifting the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Add the brown sugar and blend well.
- Pour the melted butter over the topping mix and immediately stir with a fork to form small crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping mix over the surface of the cake and bake the cake for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill.