Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Using porcini makes this dish very rich, don't be tempted to sub if you cannot find them.
Make and share this Polenta With Porcini Sauce recipe from Food.com.
For the polenta
- 150 g instant polenta
- 75 g taleggio
For the sauce
- 10 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 325 g mixed fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- soak the dried mushrooms in 150ml boiling water for 10 minutes.
- heat 1 litre of water in a pan, bring to boil and add polenta, constantly stirring until thick and creamy (about 5 mins).
- remove rind from cheese, chop and add to polenta. Keep polenta warm.
- Heat oil and fry fresh mushrooms for 4 mins, add garlic and fry for another minute.
- chop porcini and add the mushrooms and liquor to the pan, add the tomatoes and herbs, seasoning if desired cook for 5 minutes.
- put polenta in bowl and pour sauce over top.