Recipe by Manami
As you already know am always looking for a dish to replace rice! This looks as if we can combine mushrooms & polenta and have a great meal. We will only use button mushrooms or maybe a combination of button & cremini. Olive Magazine, October 2007 edition.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant polenta
- 7⁄8 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, halved, quatered (2 handfuls) or 2 cups sliced mushrooms (2 handfuls)
- 3 sage leaves, shredded
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make up the polenta according to pack instructions then beat in the cheese with half the butter and season really well.
- You want it quite soft and unctuous.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan and cook the mushrooms until golden, add the sage and stir.
- Serve the polenta topped with the mushroom mix and some extra parmesan shavings if you like.