Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a very basic polenta with the addition of fresh summer corn! It gives you a double hit of corn. Yum. You can cut the leftovers into squares and fry them topped with Parmesan. Recipe is courtesy of Gwyneth Paltrow. :) Note: You can make this even easier by using instant polenta, following the box directions, then adding the corn, milk, cream, salt, pepper and chives.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Oops, I just realized I forgot the cream! It was fabulous anyway! I used regular cornmeal & it cooked up in about 15 minutes. I added a few TBs of butter to the finished dish. We ate it ALLLL. So good. I *was* planning to top each serving with a poached egg but ran out of time & ambition. ;) Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 ear of corn, get the kernels from the ear of corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, roughly chopped, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot. Slowly whisk in the polenta and a pinch of salt. Turn the heat down as low as it will go and put a lid on the pot, slightly ajar, and cook the polenta for about 40 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Add the corn, milk and cream and cook another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sprinkle the chives on top.