- 3 cups water
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 3 ears fresh corn or 3 ears frozen corn
- 1 cup yellow corn grits
- olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and sea salt to a boil.
- Remove the kernels from the corn and set aside. Add the cobs to the water and simmer 10 minutes. If using frozen corn, wait to add with grits.
- Remove cobs. Add fresh corn and yellow corn grits. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes. When stiff, pour into a baking dish and let set.
- (optional) Once set, slice and lightly pan fry in the olive oil.