1/2 Photos of Polenta Florentine
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with seasonings (italian)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 2 quart oven-proof casserole with non-stick spray.
- 3Combine broth, water, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cornmeal, and butter in the casserole; stir well.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, defrost spinach and thoroughly squeeze dry. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Drain tomatoes.
- 6Remove polenta from oven. Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, and parmesan; stir well.
- 7Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polenta Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 1225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with seasonings