Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This savory snack will have your taste buds dancing. Also a perfect accompaniment to soups and salads.
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups cornmeal, whole grain
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- bring water to a boil.
- add corn meal slowly. be careful of the bubbling. incorporated well.
- turn off heat and add cheese.
- pour mixture on a pan sprayed cookie sheet.
- place in refer for about one hour.
- turn over on cutting board and cut into uniform pieces. You decide on the size of your crouton.
- place pieces on pan sprayed cookie sheet. not too close together to prevent sticking.
- bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. stirring every 10 minutes to obtain carmalizing and drying.
- cool down and use on salads, soups or as a savory snack.