Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother made this as I was growing up, and it never had a name. A friend of mine her mom called them Hedgehogs. My little guy named them Pokey balls. My whole family likes them, and are a staple around here. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (26 ounce) can water (the empty soup can)
- In a large bowl mix hamburger, rice and egg.
- Get your hands in and mix well.
- Form mixture into meatball shape.
- Pour soup into a large saucepan.
- Add water.
- Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Lower temp to low.
- Drop meatballs into soup.
- Simmer for about 30 minute.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes if you like.
I also added a can of tomato sauce and another can of water. I also put some accent, season salt and salt and pepper in the meat mixture. I served this with mashed potatoes as well. Thanks for the recipe.
this got my family talking.oh yeah,thanks for the review on Boggis'Chicken. o:)