1/1 Photo of Poached Salmon With Cucumber Sauce
I'm on orders to eat fresh salmon at least once a week or preferably two or three times so always on the lookout for something fresh and easy and this recipe from Australian Good Food seems to fit the bill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (180 g) salmon fillets
- 1 cup fish stock (250ml or salt reduced vegetable stock)
- 250 g light sour cream
- 1 lebanese cucumber (coarsely grated)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons tarragon (chopped plus leaves to serve)
- 800 g baby potatoes (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- 2Place salmon in a baking dish and pour over stock and season, cover with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes o until just cooked through.
- 3Remove from oven and cool salmon in stock for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove the salmon from the stock.
- 5Add sour cream, cucumber, wine and tarragon to stock and whisk to combine, season and transfer to a jug.
- 6Meanwhile steam potato over a saucepan of simmering water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 7Place salmon and potato on plates and top salmon with cucumber sauce and tarragon leaves and drizzle oil over potatoes and season and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Salmon With Cucumber Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 270.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 43.4 g