Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant finish to a meal
- 4 pears, Pared
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 2 cups purified water
- 60 ml fresh lemon juice
- 120 ml rose syrup
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Combine ingredients in a deep sauce pot.
- Heat until very hot, and then carefully drop pears into liquid.
- Keep turning to ensure even coverage.
- Poach for 20 minutes.
- When pears are ready, carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place in clean container, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with cheese and Parma ham or with a chocolate, champagne or yogurt sauce.