Recipe by Katanashrp
Simple, yet sophisticated dessert.
Top Review by Nocksley
Ive never poached pears before and this was very simple and easy to follow recipe. It made one of the best puddings I think Ive ever tasted. If you want something light and not too sweet this is the one for you. I also poached the pears a little longer and they go a beautiful golden colour. I didnt use the biscotti but served it with some local vanilla ice cream, absolutely fabulous!
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 4 pears, peeled
- biscotti, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Heat, stirring, over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Add the pears and cook, covered for 12-15 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Remove pears from liquid, and bring it back to boil, uncovered.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the syrup has reduced by half.
- Remove the vanilla bean and drizzle syrup over the pears.
- Serve with biscotti.