Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce can also be used to base the lamb while roasting. (Posted in reply to a request)
- 1 (16 ounce) can purple plums, drained but reserve syrup 1/4 cup syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- Pit and sieve plums.
- In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- At this point, sauce may be used to baste a lamb roast, (baste roast 4 times during the last hour of cooking).
- Simmer remaining sauce for 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Serve sauce with lamb.