Hope this is as good as Mrs. Van Z's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove and discard pits from plums (do not peel).
- 2Chop plums into 1/2" pieces.
- 3Combine chopped plums, orange rind and orange juice in a large Dutch oven.
- 4Stir in powdered fruit pectin.
- 5Bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in sugar.
- 7Return to a rolling boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- 9Stir 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in walnuts.
- 11Quickly spoon hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- 12Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims.
- 13Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- 14Process in boiling-water bath for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Nutty Conserve
Serving Size: 1 (2470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1345.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 324.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 305.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g