Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in our local paper.
- butter, to grease pan
- 3 cups sliced plums
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon other liqueur, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place rack in middle position, Thoroughly butter a 10" baking dish.
- Arrange the plum slices in the baking dish, making sure some are skin side up.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, brandy, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, whisking vigorously until no lumps remain. Pour the batter over the fruit and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Good recipe and easy to make. I was a bit confused by the directions that called for the brown sugar to be sprinkled over the sliced plums and then, on another line, said to blend the milk, sugar and vanilla flavor together. I opted to add the brown sugar to the milk mixture and did not sprinkle it over the plums (probably a bad choice as the plums were just a bit tarter than I would have liked), I might use a bit more sugar sprinkled over the plums next time. I added about a cup of toasted and coarsely chopped pecans, used 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream instead of 1 and 1/4 cup milk, and used Cherry Liquor instead of Brandy. It baked for 48 minutes in my oven before it was completely done. Topped with vanilla ice cream, it was a great dessert!