Recipe by richard123
This recipe produces a light dessert, making it particularly suitable after a heavy meal.
- 160 g unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thinly sliced glace ginger
- 825 g canned plums in heavy syrup, drained,pitted and halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon warm honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 20cm square tin and line it with baking paper.
- Leave the paper hanging over the edges of the tin on all sides.
- This will make it easy to lift the cooked slice out of the tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric beaters until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at that time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours over the mixture of fold into the mixture along with the ginger.
- Spread into the tin.
- Arrange the plum halves on top, pressing them in carefully.
- Scatter with the flaked almonds, pressing in gently.
- Drizzle with the honey.
- Bake for one hour and 10 minutes, or are until firm and golden.
- If the slice starts to brown too quickly as it cooks, cover it with foil.
- Cool in the tin, then lift out, using the paper as handles, before cutting into pieces.
- The slice can be kept for four to five days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.