- 4 cups fresh bartlett pears or 4 cups Anjou pears, peeled and cored,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie (top and bottom crust.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat one to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice.
- Toss lightly with mixture of remaining ingredients.
- Heap into pastry lined 9 inch pie plate.
- Dot with 2 Tbsp butter, and cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges of crust, and cut slits in top to vent.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, covering crust edges with foil after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or softened vanilla ice cream.