Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a side dish, not a dessert. It is delicious with a roast and fluffy white rice. Choose plantains that are VERY ripe. By this I mean so ripe that most people would be tempted to throw them away! The blacker they are the sweeter the plantain. This recipe courtesy of Cocina Cubana/Sonia Martinez/Pascual Perez/Nitza Villapol Criolla cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Butter(or spray) a glass pyrex dish.
- Peel the plantains and place in the dish.
- Sprinkle half the sugar over them.
- Add the wine and stick little pieces of the cinnamon sticks into the plantains.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and the powdered cinnamon.
- Cut the butter in pieces and dot over the plantains.
- Bake for approximately one hour. Then SERVE and ENJOY!
Wonderful! I have been making RSC recipes and had some plantains that got really black- I mean throw them out black- and they worked awesome in this recipe! Sweet and yum! Being that black they did taste like dessert! YUM! Thanks for a great recipe!