1 hr 15 mins
This is a side dish, not a dessert. It is delicious with a roast and fluffy white rice. Choose plantains that are VERY ripe. By this I mean so ripe that most people would be tempted to throw them away! The blacker they are the sweeter the plantain. This recipe courtesy of Cocina Cubana/Sonia Martinez/Pascual Perez/Nitza Villapol Criolla cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Butter(or spray) a glass pyrex dish.
- 3Peel the plantains and place in the dish.
- 4Sprinkle half the sugar over them.
- 5Add the wine and stick little pieces of the cinnamon sticks into the plantains.
- 6Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and the powdered cinnamon.
- 7Cut the butter in pieces and dot over the plantains.
- 8Bake for approximately one hour. Then SERVE and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Platanos En Tentacion (Plantains Temptation Style)
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g