Recipe by Chef Shadows
This recipe is the actual recipe from the late 1800's . The cooking times and serving sizes are estamates!
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 -6 duchess potatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 mushroom caps
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, add pepper, parsley, onion, garlic,
- and lemon juice.
- Split a young chicken as for broiling, place in
- dripping-pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, dot over
- with butter, and bake in a hot oven until nearly
- Butter plank, arrange a border of Duchess Potatoes
- close to edge of plank, and remove chicken to plank.
- Clean, peel, and sauté mushroom caps, place on
- chicken, spread over prepared butter, and put in a
- very hot oven to brown potatoes and finish cooking
- Serve on the plank.