Chef Shadows's Note:
This recipe is the actual recipe from the late 1800's . The cooking times and serving sizes are estamates!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter, add pepper, parsley, onion, garlic,
- 2and lemon juice.
- 3Split a young chicken as for broiling, place in
- 4dripping-pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, dot over
- 5with butter, and bake in a hot oven until nearly
- 7Butter plank, arrange a border of Duchess Potatoes
- 8close to edge of plank, and remove chicken to plank.
- 9Clean, peel, and sauté mushroom caps, place on
- 10chicken, spread over prepared butter, and put in a
- 11very hot oven to brown potatoes and finish cooking
- 13Serve on the plank.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Planked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.4 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g