Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just like the one in the resturant!!
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz . tenders
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
- Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper. Set this aside also.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour. Dip into the egg wash, coating well, then dip into the cereal mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 degrees. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- Drain and serve immediately with Creole mustard sauce.
One of my kid's favorites. I bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes and make my own honey mustard dipping sauce.