Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the cookbook Better with Buttermilk by Lee Edwards Benning
- 1 cup stirred scooped and leveled all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cold buttermilk (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the flour, baking soda and butter in the food processor or use a pastry cutter or two forks.
- When the mixture is uniformly granular, add the cold buttermilk -- just enough so that the mixture forms a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Roll out and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake according to the recipe instructions.