Recipe by AmyZoe
This is from Taste of Home, and it's a nice bread machine recipe for pizza dough. Cooking time does not count time in bread machine.
- 1 cup water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place the first ten ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Punch down and cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and press each portion into a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Spread sauce over crusts and sprinkle with cheese and toppings.
- Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust and cheese are lightly browned.