Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
WOW...pizza and spaghetti in the same dish? How much better can a meal get??
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup very finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 4 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and evaporated milk.
- Press firmly onto bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Spoon off drippings.
- Combine warm spaghetti noodles with egg, parmesan cheese and butter.
- Spread in baked meat shell.
- Top with pizza sauce, then mozzarella cheese, then green pepper rings.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Do you have picky kids that are hard to please? Then bookmark this recipe! Kids enjoy making this as much as eating it. (Grownups love it too!)
Thanks so much for daring me to make this! This dish was enjoyed by everyone in the family, even my 3 yr old (who eats almost nothing). I did make a couple of additions - a can of mushrooms and some minced garlic. I think next time I make this, I'll also add in some pepperoni. I couldn't find plain mozzarella at the grocery store, so I bought a cheddar/mozzarella blend. To accompany this recipe, I served a simple salad and rolls. My whole family thanks you for a great recipe!
I made this the other night in order to clear out the fridge. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was since I was a little sceptical going in. I added some dried basil & oregano & used 1 whole, small onion to the meat layer to give it some extra flavor, used whole wheat spaghetti & added some mushrooms in place of the green pepper. Very family friendly, versatile & easy to prepare.