Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A dry mix that kicks pizza up a notch. For the dried lemon zest, see How to Dry Citrus Zest (Lemon/Orange/Lime/Grapefruit). I would imagine it a good topping for yeast rolls, too.
- 4 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (dried form How to Dry Citrus Zest (Lemon/Orange/Lime/Grapefruit))
- Combine all spices and seal in tight container. Use amount to taste.
This had a very nice flavor. Instead of making my own dried lemon zest, I just added some fresh zest to my pizza sauce, since I usually have that on hand. Thanks for posting!