Recipe by licked_cupcake
The ultimate in comfort food! These are delicious crowd pleasers that disappear before they've had time to cool.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Very fast and easy to make. I rolled out each biscuit first then stretched them out by hand a little and laid 5 pepperoni pieces in an overlapping circle and topped with shredded mozzarella cheese. These little bundles look delicious and taste great too. Dipped in the warm marinara...Mmmmmmmmmmm! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014.
- 16 1⁄3 ounces pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- marinara sauce, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Flatten biscuits; layer a pepperoni slice, cheese square and another pepperoni slice on biscuit. Gather edges and pinch closed at top. Place rolls in a small greased pan. Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
- Tip: to keep the top from browning too much before baking is complete, cover with tinfoil.
- Tip #2: If you prefer more filling and less dough in each roll, then cut each biscuit of dough in half lengthwise through the middle (like a hamburger bun) and make each roll using half a biscuit rather than an entire biscuit. The dough cuts best using a serrated knife (bread knife) when the dough has barely been pulled from the fridge and is still chilled. I prefer this way.