1/1 Photo of Pizza Pot Pie
I've only made this once, but it was very good and will make it again. I served it with garlic bread, but garlic sticks and a side salad would also be nice. I got this from our local news paper. I liked it because the ingredients are simple, (I make my own pasta sauce), and it's quick to prepare leaving you with a hot, satisfying warm meal. Thanks for trying this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 3While pasta is cooking, break apart Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large skillet, until done, about 5-7 minutes add in onion, oregano, basil and pepper, stir well Drain excess fat.
- 4Stir cooked sausage, onion, oregano, basil and pepper into pasta sauce in an ungreased 9-inch deep dish pie plate or 2 1/2 quart. casserole dish.
- 5Add cooked pasta, blend well.
- 6Cover top completely with mozzarella slices.
- 7Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- 8Great served with garlic bread or garlic sticks and a side salad.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1240.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g