Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've only made this once, but it was very good and will make it again. I served it with garlic bread, but garlic sticks and a side salad would also be nice. I got this from our local news paper. I liked it because the ingredients are simple, (I make my own pasta sauce), and it's quick to prepare leaving you with a hot, satisfying warm meal. Thanks for trying this.
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jartraditional-style pasta sauce (I use my own home made)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, break apart Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large skillet, until done, about 5-7 minutes add in onion, oregano, basil and pepper, stir well Drain excess fat.
- Stir cooked sausage, onion, oregano, basil and pepper into pasta sauce in an ungreased 9-inch deep dish pie plate or 2 1/2 quart. casserole dish.
- Add cooked pasta, blend well.
- Cover top completely with mozzarella slices.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Great served with garlic bread or garlic sticks and a side salad.
Tasted great, both the bf and co-workers loved it. Did add some chopped pepperoni for extra zing. Will make again.
I am rating this 5 stars because it is so easy to make. I used elbow macaroni and added pepperoni and mushrooms. Delicious!
Really a casserole, not pot pie. Used a different pasta style and fresh mozzarella. Pretty tasty.