I've only made this once, but it was very good and will make it again. I served it with garlic bread, but garlic sticks and a side salad would also be nice. I got this from our local news paper. I liked it because the ingredients are simple, (I make my own pasta sauce), and it's quick to prepare leaving you with a hot, satisfying warm meal. Thanks for trying this.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, break apart Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large skillet, until done, about 5-7 minutes add in onion, oregano, basil and pepper, stir well Drain excess fat.
- Stir cooked sausage, onion, oregano, basil and pepper into pasta sauce in an ungreased 9-inch deep dish pie plate or 2 1/2 quart. casserole dish.
- Add cooked pasta, blend well.
- Cover top completely with mozzarella slices.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Great served with garlic bread or garlic sticks and a side salad.