Recipe by MirandaLee
Make these for your kids to pack for their next school trip instead of the usual PB & J. These are the next best thing to a hot pizza in a lunch box.
Top Review by thehungrykiwi
Just found these okay. Did make an ammendment instead of pizza sauce I used more milk and roasted pepper pesto. The muffins were moist and not dry like other savoury muffins I have tried but I'm not sure if I will try again. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, pepperoni, cheese, baking powder, Italian herb seasoning and salt.
- In small bowl beat together milk, pizza or spaghetti sauce, oil and egg.
- Pour wet ingredients over flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Divide mixture evenly among baking cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top s are golden brown.
- Cool pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove paper cups from pan and cool completely.
- TO FREEZE: Wrap cooled muffins in plastic wrap and then foil.
- Can freeze 2-3 months.
- A frozen muffin placed in a lunch box at room temperature will thaw in 3 hours.