Recipe by Perfect Pixie
A different way of eating your pizza, you have to try it, it's great! Make sure your salami is a soft, preferably Strasbourg, to ensure making it easy to cut the loaf
- 2 cups plain flour
- 7 g sachet dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices soft salami
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 250 g broccoli
- 1 egg
- 320 g sliced red peppers
- 125 g pepperoni salami, in a piece
- 20 stuffed olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Make well in sifted flour.
- Stir in combined yeast, sugar and water.
- Mix to a firm dough.
- Knead for about 5 minutes on floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Using 3/4 of the dough, roll out to a rectangle large enough to line a greased loaf tin (base measures 9cm x 22cm).
- Leave 2cm of dough over edge.
- Place layer of mozzarella evenly over dough.
- Top with rolled up soft salami.
- Pour over combined tomatoes sauce and oregano.
- Break broccoli into small flowerets, drop into pan of boiling water, boil 1 minute, refresh under cold water.
- Arrange broccoli over tomato sauce.
- Top evenly with beaten egg.
- Drain peppers well, place over broccoli.
- Remove skin from pepperoni, slice very thinly, arrange neatly over red peppers.
- Cut olive in half lengthways, place in a row down centre of the loaf.
- Roll out remaining pizza dough large enough to cover top of loaf, place on top, join edges with a little water, pinch together.
- Decorate top with scraps of dough, cut a few slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in moderately hot oven 40 minutes.
- Remove from tin, place onto an oven tray, bake further 10 minutes to brown sides.
- Cover top with aluminium foil if it is getting to brown.
- Allow to become cold before cutting.