Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Crumble the oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the salt,pepper, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and then the gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a jarwith a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before using.
The flavor overall was ok, but it was definately NOT the same as what you get in the restraunt! It fell miserably short of the real deal!
It tastes good,but not like the pizza hut stuff.I read the label on a gollon of there dressing.I has soybean oil,water corn syrup,salt,garlic pow., msg xanthan gum(emulsifyer)onion, spice(my guess is oreg,basil-I didnt see any twiggys in there)and onion. Have fun-Is you can get it to come out smooth,let me know.The only problem is that Pizza Hut sauce is VEAGAN,I asked them.
While this dressing did taste good it was nothing at all like the pizza hut Italian dressing I love so very much. I've tried several different ways to make it and nothing ever comes close except one - mix 1/2 cup sour cream with 1 cup wishbone Italian dressing, and that's very close to the pizza hut flavor.