Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sauce is what MAKES this recipe!
Make and share this Pizza Dough & Pizza Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot tap water
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole roma tomatoes, drained
- 5 fresh basil leaves, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups rossi Burgundy wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- pizza toppings
- For the dough:.
- Pour in your hot water and yeast into your breadmaker, start the breadmaker on the dough setting. After 10 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients, and let run until dough setting is completed.
- While that is going, make your sauce in a seperate glass bowl. First put the Roma tomatoes in and squish with your hands until you feel they are in small chunks. Then add the rest in and allow to marinate.
- Once that is done, before the dough is ready, start on your toppings -- slicing, grilling, crumbling -- whatever you're going to use and grate your mozzarella. Keep in fridge until ready to top.
- Preheat your oven to 500*.
- When dough is done -- heavily oil your pizza stone (IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE -- go to HOME DEPOT and get a nice large tile, and use the side that isn't coated for your pizza stone).
- Roll out your dough and throw on your pizza stone. Baste the TOP with.
- olive oil as well. Sprinkle edges with 1/3 cup parmesan mixed with 2 tsp Weber Beer Can Chicken seasonings.
- Cook alone in oven for 8-12 minutes or so. Check the dough in the middle.
- when done and make sure it's heated throughout.
- Lower oven to 350*.
- Spoon on your tomato mixture evenly, add your cheese and toppings. Heat another 8-10 minutes being careful not to burn the sides of the pizza, but letting the cheese bubble. Enjoy!
I had to follow the recipe loosely because I discovered my bread machine's cord was broken. So I used pizza crust yeast. It's new to me and I didn't even have to let the dough rise! I used your ingredients but followed the pkg. directions(except I didn't use as much Parmesan cheese in the crust). To my horror I discovered I had no wine, so used a little lemon juice and some bottled pizza sauce added. Anyway, even with all the changes, I loved it! Oh, and I did add about 1/2 cup whole wheat flour in the crust. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) Oct. 2011 in the contest forum.