I used sparkling water just because I ran out of bottled water and I'm not a fan of tap. Give this a try. The optional ingredients can be skipped or changed to which spices you enjoy for a little something extra. Of course you would use the garlic for savory pies and cinnamon for dessert or curry type pies. But if using real garlic and not powdered do add after rising. Because garlic does kill yeast. I have made the dough with powdered garlic with no problems. Pizza is a great way to get your children into cooking.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sparkling water (tap can be used)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (your choice of Fresh herbs) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fast-rising active dry yeast
- Place ingredients into your bread machine according to your manufactures directions.
- Mine is wet first then placing salt sugar and yeast in separate corners.
- Set machine on basic dough cycle.
- When dough cycle has finished remove from machine and place on a floured surface. I use a sil pad or a dough board.
- Divide in two.
- Roll out to 12 in rounds.
- Top with what ever your heart desires.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Try making a grilled pizza.
One of the best pizza dough I made. The dough is delicious. I made this recipe with it : Rustic Focaccia. And the other half, I put it in the freezer for later. I used tap water. And I didn't add the optional ingredients since I knew there would have spices on the focaccia. Thanks Rita. Made for Cookbook tag
Excellent. It came out perfect. I didn't use sparkling water and I added garlic powder. I made a olive and cheese 8" and a pineapple bacon, green onion, cheese 12". Husband and small girls loved it. It was easy and tasty!