Recipe by pines506
These are little sausage balls that you dip in a warm pizza sauce. Really good and I rarely have any left when I make these.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup ice water
Pizza Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in frying pan; drain excess fat.
- Combine flour, cheese, Italian seasoning and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add sausage; mix until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with ice water and stir until dough is just moist enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and heat to simmering. Keep warm while serving.